BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Monday Night's Chat

Last night was a Writerspace chat for January books from Leisure/Love Spell. The entire Crimson City team showed up. Yea! And so did many other authors. It was fun, but I have dial up and I think that's why I'd have no messages for a while and then I'd get like almost a full screen full. So then I'd be scrolling madly, trying to read the comments before another batch of messages came in and pushed the other ones off the screen and trying to answer notes. :-) I think I probably missed some stuff I wanted to answer.

Anyway, I was wound up by the time I left chat and I couldn't fall asleep, even though I had like almost no sleep on Sunday night. Right now, I'm working with my eyes slitted open and feeling gritty. I thought about taking a vacation day. I could sleep in and then get up again and work on packaging my edits, but no, I can't do that. The builder--or a representative of the builder--is coming out to fix the closet door my dad yanked off the pivots. Sigh. I should tell the story of us trying to fix the thing yesterday afternoon, but I'm too tired to do it justice. Suffice to say that we were both getting frustrated and were unable to successfully complete our mission.

Edits are done and marked up and now all I need to do is put the changes into my document and do my spreadsheet. The only thing is that I don't know if I'm going to have time to do the kind of spreadsheet I want to do with everything marked. (I know, I know, compulsive. I've learned to live with it.) Not if I want to get to bed early. And I really, really do. I guess I'll see how it goes and maybe only hit the highlights or something.

Oops! I gotta end here. It's nearly 5am and that means time to get ready for the EDJ.