BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Shards of Crimson

Did I ever announce here that Shards of Crimson had been released? I suppose I could go back and look in the archives, but it's Saturday morning and I'm feeling way too lazy. :-) Anyway, Shards came out on January 2. Yea!

I've received some really nice comments from readers about Dark Awakening and that's so nice to hear! Normally, I try not to mention fan mail on the blog, but I was sweating bullets over writing such a short length for the very first time ever. It's nice to know it worked. I even heard from one reader who's picking up my backlist. Whew!

Anyway, there are four great stories set in Crimson City (the world Through a Crimson Veil was set in) by four of the authors from the original series: Liz Maverick, Carolyn Jewel, Jade Lee and me.

Dark Awakening is the story of Kimi and Nic, Mika's cousin and half-brother. Kimi has caught the attention of a twisted and evil Bak-Faru demon, and with Mika and Conor unavailable, she summons Nic. Nic's had a run-in before with the demon after Kimi and knows how dangerous he is, but Kimi is his vishtau mate and he'd do anything to protect her.

You can read an article where all four of us talk about our stories at Revision 14. There's a comment feature, too. You'll notice my information is much shorter than anyone else's. If you're thinking I finally learned the art of brevity, you'd be wrong. ;-) I thought that we were supposed to keep it short because it was part of a larger commentary by Liz. If I'd realized the format, well, I would have run on a lot longer. No one has ever accused me of writing short. ;-)

Anyway, I have to get going. I have an appointment to get my hair cut, and boy, does it need it! It's been annoying me for months and someone asked me the other day if I was growing it out. Nope, just too swamped to take the time to go to the salon. Today, I'm taking it, though.