BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Tremendous Day

I had to share the wonderful things I've experienced today. I've been working on edits all day, head down over the computer, but earlier, from the corner of my eye, I saw movement. I looked up and discovered I had about half a dozen deer in my backyard. I raced for the camera, but by the time I returned, they were gone.

Just a few minutes ago, I again caught motion in my peripheral vision and discovered a hawk atop the fence along my backyard. I'm not sure why, but I love hawks. He sat on the fence post, watching the field for a long time before he disappeared.

Sometimes when I'm working, I forget there's life outside my computer, but today, I've been reminded. Mother nature wanted to share some of her beauty with me.