BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, March 30, 2007

Another Step Forward

In the Midnight Hour is up for preorder now at Barnes & Noble.com! It's really starting to feel real now. Four months now and counting. Wow.

I've mentioned it before, but this is the book that I wanted to write forever before it sold. Ryne just came in and demanded I listen to her while she talked and talked about her people.

For those of you who haven't listened to me talk about this story half a million times already, this is a paranormal romance and the blurb I use is:
When a troubleshooter for a society of magic users rescues a private investigator from a dark spell, she finds more than an ally as she faces down her former mentor.
The official Midnight Hour pages will go up on my website April 1st, including an excerpt. I'll post a link here on that day.

I've been hard at work on the spin off book this week. It hasn't been going as fast as I'd hoped, but it is going. I finished another chapter yesterday, which is both a blessing and a curse. Blessing because I'm glad to have it done. Curse because then I have to figure out what to do next.

Let's see. I've started talking to the microwave. :-) It really irritates the hell out of me, though. It keeps beeping. So there I am hollering things like, "I heard you the first time." And "Hang on, I'll be there in a minute." Damn, I wish there was some way to turn off those reminder beeps. I don't want to hear them.

My neck and shoulders are so stiff that my right thumb goes numb, so I've been hollering at my body too. :-) I've developed a stabbing pain just under the elbow of my left arm and my left thumb is aching, probably from the rain. (I injured it in a car accident about 8 years ago.) So there you have a it, a litany of my woes.