BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Coming Out of Retrograde

Mercury is in retrograde right now. I'd never heard this, let alone knew what it meant, until maybe five years ago or so. There was some communication misunderstanding and someone mentioned the Mercury thing. Ever since then, whenever there's misunderstandings, lost email, missed telephone calls, etc., I check to see if the planet is in a retrograde period, and you know what? Nine times out of ten, it is!

We've got another day or two, I think, till this period of retrograde ends. I'm hoping that makes it easier on my poor computers. The POS laptop that I keep at work is having all kinds of problems. I brought it home last night to do some upgrades and updates and it's just a mess. But since it's still better than hauling the laptop I use at home back and forth, I'll have to fix it up, baby it along, and hope for the best.

Speaking of the home laptop, this thing has gotten slow. I know it's because it's over 2 years old and it's time to wipe the drives, reload the software and start fresh. But not only don't I have the time to do that, I don't want to! It's a lot of work. A lot. I did it on my desktop a few years ago and I never did get everything reloaded, and at this point, I'm figuring those files can't be that important anyway. :-)

And of course, I've been waiting to replace the desktop for more than a year. I'm just waiting for Vista Service Pack 1 to be issued by MS to fix the bugs and I'll begin the hunt. This has nothing to do with Mercury and is no doubt my imagination, but I've been using this computer a lot more since it's the only one with high-speed internet and it seems painfully slow. Of course, I've loaded more software on that thing too since hooking it up to the internet autobahn. :-)

Anyway, every computer I own is having some kind of issue right now that's making me more insane than usual. I'm counting the hours until we're clear of this planetary situation and hoping that helps the electronic equipment. :-)