BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, March 12, 2007

CRW Award of Excellence

I received a call yesterday; Eternal Nights is a Colorado Romance Writers Award of Excellence finalist for Best Paranormal! This is the book where Kendall and Wyatt are trapped in an ancient temple and pursued by smugglers. :-) If you haven't had a chance to check out my book video yet, head over to the EN page on my website and scroll down toward the bottom. It's really cool and worth watching.

Yesterday, I made some progress on the WIP, but as I was getting ready for bed last night, I decided I went off in a direction that I didn't want to go--at least not yet. So I need to cut that section and restart. The good news is that it only involves a handful of paragraphs.

My mom has been reading through the galleys for In the Midnight Hour for me and she knows that Ryne's sister is the heroine in the WIP. She actually asked me last night what kind of story I could have with Maia. Gee, thanks Mom. The vote of confidence is awe-inspiring. Especially since this book continually makes me want to bang my head against the wall in the hopes of shaking some words loose. :-/

Both my XP computers made the switch to Daylight Savings Time without a hitch, I set all the clocks that require the personal touch, and one of the two DVD players with automatic time-set have made it to the new time. I can't figure out why one didn't since they're both hooked into the same cable system, but whatever. I figure it'll eventually be right again--even if it is this fall. :-)

I'm not a big fan of these time changes. I wish we'd just pick one time and stick with it year round. I don't care which one--real time or DST--but this switching around messes me up for weeks! Oh, heck, I just remembered I have to change the clock in my car. Sigh. I never remember how to fix that one.