BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Email Hell

Email is making me crazy right now. Let's totally leave Yahoo loop mail out of it because I'm ignoring that. I'm talking about plain, regular email. Over on MySpace, I finally turned on the Away feature on messages because I've got a queue of notes to answer and I have no clue when I'm going to get to them. At least I won't have any new messages to worry about over there which is one step in the right direction.

Then there's my personal email, the stuff coming in directly to me. Yesterday, I received a note from someone I was friendly with when we worked together. She left NWA, and when I tried to send her an Xmas email card, it bounced. Now I have her new email address and a really nice note from her that I'd like to answer. No time. I'm really, really slow at composing email.

Let's not even mention all the notes I have from friends in my inbox. It'll be a miracle if they're all still my friends by the time I get around to replying to them. :-(

Then there are the emails I've had to send. The ones that I get no reply to. These are all important notes--I wouldn't have sent them if they weren't--and I get nada back. This leaves me in a quandary. First, did my email even arrive? Spam filters, the note going astray in cyberspace, whatever. Second, if it did arrive, did they decide to answer it later? Did they decide it required no reply at all? (If so, they were wrong.) Are they on vacation? Is there some other reason why they're not answering? Do I follow up at the risk of sounding like a complete pest? Did they reply and I didn't receive their note? Gah!

I already took time to write the emails once, the last thing I want to do is have to keep following up, but I really, really need answers on a couple of them. I'm starting to obsess and I don't have the energy for this.

I love email. Usually.