BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, March 10, 2007

It's a Sunshine Day

Hello, World!

Today, the sun is shining brightly--in fact, it woke me up--the snow has been steadily melting, we're supposed to hit the mid-40s, and I saw deer tracks in my front yard. I wish I'd seen the deer themselves, but it's still cool. This morning anything seems possible. :-)

My local writing chapter meets today, and while I'd like to go, I'm staying home to write. I will write lots, I have to, because I realized yesterday that I need to cut somewhere between 20-25 pages from the beginning of the book. It's boring and it has to go, but it's going to hurt.

I'm also hugely thankful that I've never had a precognitive dream. Yep, I had an icky one. I dreamed I was staying in a hotel, lying in bed and watching planes take off from a nearby airport. In my dream, one of the planes seemed a little low and a little too close to the hotel. Sure enough, a wingtip hit the building. I immediately started getting ready to get out of the hotel because I knew we were going to be evacuating. In the dream, I heard twice "100 people died." :-( Like I said, I am hugely grateful that I can't predict or see the future.

Once, years ago, I did work with a woman who had dreams about plane crashes and she was eerily accurate, right down to the colors on the plane's fuselage and the exact circumstances of how it looked to bystanders as it went down. I used to say to her, "let me know if you have one of those dreams, because I'm not flying if you do." She never had enough information to tell anyone and it could be a lot of months before what she saw happened, but there was only one instance where she "saw" a crash that didn't occur. How freaky would that be? Like I said, I am hugely grateful I can't see the future.

I do wish I was good at dream interpretation, though. I'd love to figure out the meaning of what I saw--especially the part where I heard the number of the dead. Twice. Numerology would be 1+0+0=1. According to NumberQuest, the number 1 means:
Unity, Beginning, Focussed concentration, Goal-striving, Action, Independence, Originality, Courage, Invention, Leader, Self-reliant, Ambition, Pioneer , Will, Conscious Mind, Positive.
Okay, this is pretty good even if the dream wasn't. I'd like to think this means that the WIP (AKA The Book From Hell) has turned a corner. I also think it has something to do with realizing what I can't control (the plane hitting the hotel) and what I can control (my reactions after the crash). I feel better about the dream now.