BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Legally Blond

Needless to say, I didn't watch a movie last night. :-/ I did see one on television, though, on Friday night, and while I missed parts of it, I think I can review it.

Legally Blond stars Reese Witherspoon as a sorority girl in love with Warner. He chooses another girl and both he and his new fiancee are off to Harvard Law School. Reese decides that she's going to attend too. Everyone discounts her ambition, but she gets the score she needs on her LSAT and Harvard admits her.

She ends up getting a plum assignment with 3 other first year law students (Two of them are Warner and the new financee) and ends up helping with a murder trial. Along the way, Reese learns that she's smarter than she's been given credit for and she gains confidence.

I didn't expect to like this movie. It sounded silly and lame, but I surprised myself and really enjoyed it. In fact, I added it to my NetFlix queue so I can see the whole thing without commercials. I had a few interruptions that night and missed big chunks of the movie. Reese Witherspoon did a fabulous job making her character someone likable, someone I could root for and cheer on. And how she exonerates her client at the end of the movie was cute.

It's not Oscar material, but it's certainly an entertaining way to spend a few hours.

My rating: 4 stars