BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Lion's Roar

What is that old saying? Something like: If March comes in like a lion, it'll go out like a lamb? What's fiercer than a lion? Because according to all the weather reports, that's what I'll be dealing with here today. It started snowing about 6pm last night and it's not supposed to stop until tomorrow. Depending on how much rain is mixed in with the snow, we could have anywhere from 10-20 inches. Gah! This is a really long way of saying that I have to be brief this morning and not spend a lot of time thinking about what I want to say because I need to leave early. (I heard, though, that the commute home will be the worst we've had in years. Oh, joy.)

I've been reading through the galley for In the Midnight Hour the last couple of days and it's been amazingly clean so far. That's both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it's nice that it's so clean. A curse because when I don't find anything I find myself falling into the story and forget that I'm supposed to be watching carefully for mistakes. I hope my mom does a better job at focusing. Of course, I forgot to warn her that I used some Gaelic words and she was trying to check the spelling in an English dictionary. Oops!

I made a list of promo things I'd like to do for Midnight Hour and starting doing some pricing. When I added up the items I had dollar figures on, I was 10% over my budget and I hadn't even checked on the cost of doing teaser booklets yet or advertising on this website I like for fiction. So, I have to make some choices and they're not necessarily easy ones. I also need to get off the stick and email some people to find out what's going on and to let them know what I plan to do. I don't know where I'm going to find the time to do this since these are notes that will take me a while to compose. I'm a slow writer--even when it comes to things like emails and blog posts. And the more businesslike I need to be, the longer it takes me to write. I'm the queen of casual, including with the written word.