BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Nirvana

At some point yesterday, I hit writer's nirvana. That place where you don't want to stop writing--you just want to keep going and going and going. I'd been hoping to find it much earlier this week since I was off from the EDJ, but it remained elusive. I'm not sure when I reached it yesterday--late afternoon? Early evening--but I recognized it.

At 6:30 last night, I was sleepy, but I couldn't quit writing now! I had a second cup of coffee and I kept going. It was 11:30 when I had to concede it was time for bed, and as I lie there, what should come next in the book played through my head. (I've forgotten most of it this morning, damn it!) When I woke up this morning, I'd had less than 8 hours of sleep, but I got out of bed anyway, made my morning internet rounds while drinking coffee and I can't wait to pick up where I left off.

I can't even begin to tell you how good this feels! This is the first time since I last June that I felt this way and I've missed it. Desperately.

Baseball season starts tomorrow! Yea! I like to write with a game on and the sound muted. It doesn't matter that much who's playing, although I prefer it to be one of my three teams. I can generally find someone to root for (or sometimes against if it's a lesser of two evils situation) and I'm just happy to have it on.

You see, this is how I get into trouble on QVC. I like to write with the television on, but I don't do sound. That means it has to be tuned to something that I don't have to pay attention too for very often and that limits the selection. Without baseball, my fall back is usually QVC and sometimes when I glance up, there's something cool on. Gah! Thank God baseball is back!

It's been raining and raining here. I wish it would go back to sunny and warm again. Not that I can enjoy it since I'm chained to the computer until the WIP is done, but it was so nice to open up the windows and let the air in. It was so nice to have sun shining in and to be able to wander around the house barefoot. Right now, it's like 41 with a wind chill that drops us into the 30s and that means no bare feet and no open windows. Sigh.

Now, it's back to nirvana. Later.