BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, March 23, 2007

Odds and Ends

Guess what I have over on my MySpace page? A movie trailer for the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie! Pretty darn cool what you can do now, isn't it? If you want to see a preview of POC3, and if you have a high-speed connection, head on over and watch; it's under the section marked "Movies." The movie looks like it's going to be fun, but how can it miss with Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom?

I also discovered a new music group that I like--Pink Martini. It was so funny how I found them too. I popped over to someone's MySpace page to leave a Happy Birthday comment and "Let's Never Stop Falling In Love" was set to play automatically when the page loaded. Normally, the automatic music annoys me and you'll notice on my MySpace page it requires the play button be clicked before anything comes on. But I digress. So this song comes on automatically and I loved it. I listened to it a couple of times, then I clicked over to the artist's MySpace page and listened to the other songs they had up on their site. My next stop was Amazon to order both of their CDs. I'd never heard of this group before, I don't even know exactly how to describe their music because it's a blend of styles, but it was fun and I haven't been this excited about new music since I discovered Loreena McKennitt years ago.

I also bought some really cool planters on QVC. At least I hope they're cool. They looked like they were on TV. These planters are made to fit over a railing, which would put them at the perfect height for tending plants on both my front porch and my deck. Every time I type something like that, I just think: Whoa! I'm so totally not into gardening--a response to being expected to weed my parents' huge gardens as a kid--but this year all I want to do is plant flowers. Nesting, maybe? It's just bizarre.

If I don't blog daily like you're used to over the next week or so or if I'm really slow on answering comments, it'll be because I either don't have time or don't have energy. My family has a medical issue going on and it's fairly serious. And I think that's all I'm going to say on that.