BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Writer At Work

I was up at 6am yesterday and went to bed after 11:30. I researched the ancient Egyptian god Set, I did a load of laundry, vacuumed the house, and finished the chapter I was working on. I think. I tack on the "I think" because I refused to go to bed until I finished it and I'm concerned I just ended it because I wanted to sleep so badly. I'll read through it this morning and see what I have.

I took some pictures. This is what my great room looks like when I push on deadline:


Here's a close-up of my table:




I seriously want a sign for my front door that says:
Do not disturb
Author at work
Once again, one of my neighbors from down the street came a ringing the bell. Fortunately, I wasn't right in the middle of writing--I was emptying the dryer--but the last thing I need are these interruptions. I wasn't going to answer the door, but since I was actually showered and dressed, and because if I didn't answer, she'd just come back again, I did open the door. And she wanted to chit chat. Gah! Luckily, my dad showed up and he ran interference for me.