BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Flower Project

Now I'm about to be awash in flowers. I received an email that my peony tree has shipped. I still haven't figured out where I'm going to plant my lilies!

I was talking to my dad about this yesterday (the lilies) and was thinking maybe around the tree in my backyard. So he's got these ugly pieces of wood that were painted blue (he put them around my evergreens in the backyard) and he wants to put them around the tree and fill it with black dirt. I'm thinking more along the lines of those rounded stones that can be put in a circle. He says one 4 inch layer should be enough. And I'm thinking one would look pretty lame, you'd need at least 2 and maybe 3 for aesthetic purposes.

This is the one thing that drives me nuts about my dad. He's really sweet, but he believes that good enough is okay. I'm more of the school that if you're going to take the time to do something, you might as well do it right and get things the way you really want them. If we do it his way, with the blue wood (ugh!) I'd hate it and it would drive me a little more nuts every day until I did it so it looked good. We're pretty opposite of each other, so he doesn't always understand where I'm coming from and vice versa.

Anyway, I figure I have a little time before I have to for sure make decisions on the flowers because I simply don't have time to do any yard work right now.

Did I mention here that we have new computers at the EDJ? Did I mention that they took my ergonomic keyboard and left me with one more smooshed together than the keyboard of my laptop? You should see me trying to type; it's ugly! I've resorted to a faster version of the two finger hunt and peck method. I can't believe anyone makes keyboards like this in a day and age where people are concerned about repetitive motion stress injuries.