BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Nine and Counting (Including Today)

My peony tree is growing already. I had to go out yesterday afternoon and water it, so I made a check on it's progress. It's also kind of tipping toward the west. I don't know how that happened because I could swear it was straight on Thursday when we planted it and the dirt is packed solidly around it.

My dad and I also had a conversation yesterday about doing a tree ring with retaining wall stone. He'd gone to the store and come back with the information on it. After discussion, I think we're going to try to find someone who won't charge an arm and a leg to build it for us. My dad keeps talking about throwing together something with wood, but I wouldn't like it, so I'm thinking it might be worth it to just get what I want to begin with. We'll see. I might be putting my lily bulbs in containers or something. :-(

Counting today, I have nine days to finish my book. It's going to be pedal to the metal from here on out. Of course, I have been pedal to the metal for a while now. What's beyond pedal to the metal?