BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Plant Assassin Strikes Again

My lucky bamboo plant isn't quite so lucky. I think it's dying. I just got it Saturday, too. I told you--I'm a plant assassin! I followed the directions exactly. I think I'll have to send this back since it's still within the return period. That's too bad, though. Sigh. At least my tree peony seems to be doing well. So far.

Day one without writing was interesting. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself. I didn't feel like reading and I was too tired from my night of insomnia and worry about the WIP to have much energy, so for a while I just kind of wandered aimlessly.

At lunch, I ran out to Fed Ex and sent the book off to NYC. Then I swung by the credit union and took care of some stuff there, and made it back to work in time to check email, which I thought was pretty good. After work, I helped my mom water flowers and convinced my dad that we could wait to go to Home Depot for when I wasn't so tired.

So I got home, wandered from room to room trying to find something to do. I didn't want to logon to the computer because I was tired of the computer. I didn't want to read because I could hardly keep my eyes open. I didn't want to nap because I wouldn't sleep at night. I finally ended up vegging out in front of the television for a while, then I went shopping online. I had a gift card that expired in a few weeks and I needed a new fax machine. I gave my old one to my dad.

I had a choice. I could get a machine that did nothing except fax for $129.99 or I could get an all in one printer/scanner/copier/fax combo unit for $99.99. I went for the combo unit because I don't like my color printer that I have now and this will save me space on my desktop. I also picked up a track ball because I hate my mouse. I probably should have just gone to the store because then I'd have my stuff now, but I didn't feel like dealing with it and they had free shipping. :-)

To round out my evening, I went to bed before 9pm and slept like I was dead. It was still hard to get up this morning.