BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

I blogged over at 2B Read today about living a life of gratitude. It's something I'm still working on because it definitely isn't natural. :-) That's actually kind of sad, but I'm going to keep trying.

After having a dangerously dry spring, the Twin Cities is suddenly getting storm after storm. It rained yesterday and some nasty weather went just to the north of me, it's supposed to rain all day today, and tomorrow, and Saturday, and Monday. Well, you get the picture. I'm afraid I have to take the blame for this weather. You see, my retaining wall tree ring was supposed to be in by Friday afternoon--if it didn't rain--and of course, that was the kiss of death for nice weather. I was really looking forward to getting the damn lily bulbs off my kitchen counter, too.

It was a fairly low key evening since the tornadoes stayed to the north. I caught up on a few more things I let slide while I was pushing to finish the WIP and I read another book. Yea!

I don't have a long weekend. Unfortunately, I lost that holiday with the concessions we had to give to NWA. The only good thing is that no one else will be at work on Monday except for other employees in my union and it's so nice when it's quiet at work. I should be able to get a lot done without all the noise and interruptions.

Oops, sorry, I digressed. I meant to say that even though I only have a two-day weekend, I hope to get a lot accomplished. The top item on my agenda is finding a few pieces of furniture. I have a card table in the spare bedroom. :-( And I'm using a stepladder as a coffee/end table. I want real furniture so I could put the stepladder away. We'll see how far I get. I loathe shopping, and that makes this tough for me.