BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

There Goes the Day

My nice, quiet day at work ended up being neither. I mean, come on, it's bad enough that I have to work on the holiday, but it's cruel and unusual punishment to have the coworker from hell show up, too. :-( :-( :-( His union had Monday off so he should not have been there, but just before nine, the noise level shot up and I knew it was him.

He must have told everyone he was coming into work because minutes after he arrives, his phone starts ringing. He had his cell phone on, too, because he can't miss a chance to talk. And even when he wasn't chit chatting on the phone, he was loud. He can't sit without making noises. It's a toss up as to which one I hate the most, but I've decided it must be when he sucks his snot down. (sorry to those eating breakfast) I feel like hollering over the cube wall, "Do you not know what Kleenex is for?"

So anyway, I had to put up with that, and since I didn't think he was going to be there, I hadn't brought my MP3 player in with me. I don't use it when he's not there, but when he is, it's my ticket to sanity. He was telling people he planned to stay until 1pm, but when I finished lunch and returned to my desk, he was gone and the rest of the day was pleasant enough. Considering I was working on a holiday and a beautiful day to boot.

I didn't mean to complain about him for three paragraphs. Sorry about that. In more interesting news, I received my CDs of Through a Crimson Veil I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet. I thought about bringing them to the EDJ, but I'm working on a project now that involves words and I'm afraid I'll type in something I shouldn't. :-) And I'm hoping the tree ring guy shows up today and finishes it before it rains. We're supposed to get showers this afternoon.