BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Busy Week at the EDJ

I was originally going to share with you all a story from the Evil Day Job (EDJ) that involved maneuvering, manipulation and backstabbing, but I decided it would bore y'all senseless. I will tell you that it was like a soap opera at work all week long and that the entertainment value was relatively high since I wasn't involved in any of it. :-) Let's just say that Mister Congeniality was thwarted in his attempt to oust another tech writer from a position that MC wanted and leave it at that.

Another one of my tech writers, one that's funny and a good guy, took a position in another department. He's only going to be around two more weeks. It's a good opportunity for him, but I'm going to miss picking on him.

We cut over to a new computer system at the EDJ this past week and while part of it went smoothly, a big part of it is all hosed up. Of course, IS didn't listen to the people who were impacted and deleted the old database despite their protests. Since this is the part of the system I work in, this doesn't sound too good. Luckily for me, I won't see anything in this area until the big problems are worked out.

Work on revisions for my book continue. I was thinking the other day that producing a book is kind of like a miracle. One day, you have like 10 pages and then the next thing you know, there's a 420 page story. :-) And it actually makes sense. =8-O I'm amazed each and every time this happens.