BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Revisions, Ideas and the Death Toll

I looked at my revisions yesterday and they're going to be far more time consuming than I'd hoped. :-( I'm still looking for that clone I was talking about a while back. The clone can go to the EDJ for me and I can stay home and work. And work.

Last night, I was talking to a friend and I came up with this brilliant reason for her forgetfulness. :-) It was so brilliant, I decided it would make a great story idea, I'm just not sure how it would work. I spent some time thinking about it before I fell asleep last night (yeah, I know, I should have been thinking about revisions, but I thought about those when I woke up at 4:45 this morning instead) and I can't figure out how to structure a story around the premise. Probably because I don't get my stories from plot premises, I get them from the characters and I don't have any that leaped in to say they'd do the story. ;-) Since I'm still trying to pry information out of my Polynesian couple, I guess I'll table this idea for a while.

I was out checking my lilies early this morning before I started the sprinkler and I have an preliminary death toll. Of the four Sumatra lilies, only one looks as if it's growing. The other three look dead. Hugely dead. Of the four toad lilies, two are for sure gone. The other two? Shrug. It's too early to tell. The only lilies that seem to be doing really well are the Starfighters. I have 12 of those and I think there's only 1 or 2 that aren't looking good. I guess those white stakes that I joked looked like grave markers were more apropos than I believed.