BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, July 21, 2007

How Does My Garden Grow?

I've already been outside doing some weeding and helping my dad put down more rock in the area by my house. While I was outside, I also took some pictures of my flowers and garden so I could share them here.

Carnage: Rabbit Attack

Carnage: Rabbit Attack 2

Toad Lily:

Toad Lily with picture of what it should look like:

Peony Tree:

I do have some success. Here's one of my tiger lilies:

And another:

The Deck with Wind Spinner:

And the front porch flowers are doing well too:


The white stuff you see in some of the pictures are the mothballs to hopefully rabbit-proof the garden. My dad is talking about using chicken fencing to protect the peony tree, so it might find itself boxed in shortly.

I didn't take any pictures of the rock in front of the house. Rock is rock and it's not too terribly interesting. I'm hoping, though, that these 8 extra bags will keep the weeds down. Still could have used another 2 or 3 bags, but my dad is talking about driving out to Home Depot later, so we might get more then.

I'm sure this is more than you ever wanted to know, but I've invested so much time and energy in my plants and flowers, that I have to share somewhere.