BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Theme From...

I guest blogged today at Magical Musings about a couple of my Pre-Book writing rituals. If you're interested, head on over and check it out. :-)

One of my rituals involves finding a theme song for the book. The song for In the Midnight Hour is Here I Go Again by Whitesnake. This was the one that popped up almost from the beginning as I wrote the story and it stuck all the way through. It didn't work that way for In Twilight's Shadow, my June 2008 book. I thought the theme was Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas, but by the time I was 3/4 of the way through writing the story, I knew that wasn't right. I think, and I'm still not 100% positive, that the song is going to end up being On the Dark Side by John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band.

I've been trying to come up with Logan and Shona's theme (and also a title for their darn story), but I haven't had any luck. I do have Kel's, however. (Kel, BTW, is Logan's twin.) The working song is If Everyone Cared by Nickelback, but since I have no heroine or story for Kel yet (and I shouldn't since Logan is first), it'll be a while and who knows if it will stick? I've got Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls going through my head, so maybe that's Logan's song. Or maybe I just heard it on the radio recently. ;-)

Some day, I'm going to burn a CD with all my theme songs on it and just sing along with it in the car or something.

Anyway, I crossed another item off my To Do List yesterday and I hope to finish a few more this weekend. I love crossing things off. It makes me feel sooo good. :-) Things will definitely lighten up after Tuesday when In the Midnight Hour is released. I just need to have about 90% of my list completed before the 31st. Gah!