BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, August 17, 2007

Cacophony

I forgot I didn't blog yet this morning. Oops. I ran out of time at home--which has been happening more and more lately--and while I was driving into work, I had this idea pop in my head. Once that happened, blogging was lost in the wave of what ifs that followed. :-)

Anyway, this idea would be for a new series, completely unrelated to anything I've already written. I have to do some research, though, to see if it will hold up and I'd need to do some serious brainstorming to set everything up. It might not last beyond first scrutiny, which can kind of be a pain when something is intriguing and full of potential.

Of course, what I should be working on is my synopsis for Shona and Logan. I'm stuck because it involves plot stuff and I have no idea what happens in the section of the book I'm trying to synopsize :-) right now. I know some of what happens later, but that doesn't help.

The other thing that isn't helping (aside from completely new ideas popping into my brain) is that Kel and his heroine (whatever her name is) keep talking to me. Logan's story has to come first otherwise things don't make sense in either book and these events are crucial to the characters and their arcs. I'm sure it will all shake out eventually, but it's frustrating in the meantime.

The other thing that's frustrating to me is how many people I have in my head right now. I think this is the most ever, and if my latest idea pans out, I'm sure I'll shortly have more characters yakking away. And no, I wouldn't have it any other way. I just wish I was a faster writer or that I had more time, so that I could get these stories down and clear out some of the mental congestion. I swear, the traffic pattern over O'Hare can't be busier than my brain.