BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, August 20, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays

It rained all weekend. Sunday was supposed to be dryer, but it wasn't. I'm not complaining. We've been in a draught and it's badly needed here, but it kept making me want to lay down and take a nap! I guess I can't win. If it's bright and sunny, I want to go outside. If it's gray and rainy, I want to sleep.

I wish I had an exciting weekend to talk about, but I really don't. My local FOX station didn't show the Cubs-Cardinals game on Saturday which was hugely disappointing. They actually thought that more people in MN would be interested in the Detroit-Yankees game because the Tigers are in our division. Yes, I emailed them to complain about their decision. I think they're wrong. Even if the Twins weren't 6 games out of first, I think most people wouldn't enjoy a Tigers-Yankees match-up.

Here's my reasoning: Nearly everyone who isn't from NY hates the Yankees. Sorry, NY, but it's true. I've become a Boston fan simply because they're the Yankees arch-rival and I know a bunch of other people who've said the same thing. Now the Yankees are playing Detroit. Normally, I root for whoever is playing the Yankees, but now, being a good Twins fan, I want Detroit to lose. Talk about cognitive dissonance! This makes the entire game unfun to watch.

Anyway, I was so irritated by the choice of game, I turned the television off. And I love writing with a baseball on the screen.

I did not finish the synopsis for Shona and Logan this weekend as I'd planned. I was in heavy duty avoidance mode, even going so far as to clean the kitchen. I even scrubbed out the microwave, including taking out the glass tray and the turntable thingy to clean beneath them. Cleaning to avoid writing is desperate. I console myself with the fact that at least I wasn't cleaning the bathroom. That's the ultimate in avoidance.

I'm hoping to finish the synopsis this week, though. A conversation with a friend where we discussed and brainstormed helped gel things. I had almost all the pieces already present, but needed one more to make everything come together. I'm more excited now about this story than I already was.