BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Synopsis Sunday

I'm on page 18 of my synopsis now. Do you think I'm overdoing the "detailed" part? I honestly don't know how it ended up being this long and I'm still not done. Once I finish the first draft, I'll send it off to my writing buddies and see what they say, then I'll working on tightening it up by cutting and plugging any holes they find.

I didn't get much work done on it yesterday. The only time I could get my hair cut and highlighted was at 12:30, which is smack dab in the middle of the day. I couldn't work in the morning because my dad came over to replace all my smoke detector batteries and he finished just in time for me to get ready to leave. By the time I got home, it was nearly 3pm.

My goal for today is to finish the first draft of this damn thing. I refuse to go over 20 pages--at least not by too much.

So far this morning, I put away some of the office supplies that were blocking my reference books on the shelves in the computer room. I'm torn between wanting to put more stuff away and get that all looking neat, and working on the synopsis. I know. Synopsis comes first. But the office has been in chaos since I moved in last year and it's making me nuts! Okay, more nuts.

The final lily bud bloomed this morning, and for right now, I have three flowers on one plant. It won't last since one of the blooms is old and the petals should be dropping off of it soon. I'm going to try to get over to the tree ring today to take a picture before that happens. And of course, I'll post it here. There can never be too many pictures of my lilies up, right? ;-)