BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, September 07, 2007

Garden Space

It's official--I have insomnia. Sigh. Four nights with little sleep. I think it took me this long to figure out because I've had nothing to really worry over for most of the week. Don't know what's up with that. I'm having a second cup of coffee--for the second day in a row--or I won't be able to keep my eyes open.

Yesterday, I ordered my weeder that my mom found in a catalog. I did a search online and found a TV station in Utah had done a test of it and said it performed well, so that gave it the green light for me. :-) The search also turned up a company that was selling it for $6 less than the company that had the catalog my mom saw, so I got it for $8.50. Of course, that's not all I got. They had this duster system for people who have vaulted ceilings and I've been planning to get one of those since I moved into my house. I also picked up a cover for my air conditioner. I figure anything that keeps the snow and debris out has to be a good thing for my purse in the long run.

The other thing I did yesterday was have a strategy session with my parents about how to lay out all the flowers for my garden. I finally added them up, and while I didn't order that many types of flowers--certainly not the amount I wanted to order--I somehow ended up with 104 bulbs. Gah! I ordered the smallest amount available for each type of flower, too.

I've been thinking about adding a flower bed with decorative stone around it to the front yard in a year or two, but I wasn't planning on doing it now. I might stuck, though, whether I like it or not. I don't know what else I'm going to do and I'd like to order more in the spring. :-(

How do I get myself into these situations?