BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Back To Serious Work

When I got home from work yesterday, I spotted the package on my doorstep. It wasn't the last order of bulbs I have coming. Nope, it was copy edits. I'm back to work again with a deadline. Sigh. I started writing my Polynesian couple's story during lunch today and now I have to stop!

Anyway, I'm through the first 128 pages and it's been pretty light so far, but page 129 has a query I'm not sure how to fix. So I'll mull for a while and then go back and get it later. The copy editor gave me a smiley on one of the pages and a compliment. I really like that. :-)

In other news, my garden wall is done. Yea! It finally stopped raining long enough on Wednesday for the guy to finish it. He did another beautiful job.

Here's the new garden from a distance. You can see how close it is to the tree ring.



This is just the new garden.




And finally, here's a shot of both the tree ring and the new garden from another angle. Because heaven knows if one shot is good, more is better. :-)




While I was out checking the new addition, I also took a look at the plants in the tree ring. Believe it or not, my toad lilies have buds on them! I know, it's October and they didn't bloom all summer. We have another week of warm weather according to the TV guys, so let's hope it's enough time for the flowers to appear.

Toad lily with flower buds



It started raining last night and it's supposed to pour all day today. Once again, I need to worry about the freeway being flooded. And to think, in July we were all concerned about a drought. Now someone better dust the plans off for the ark.