BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Characters at Work--Finally

Argh! I was so tired Monday afternoon that I decided to take a quick nap. Two and a half hours later... I post that a lot when I nap, I realized and I think it just might be a sign that I don't get enough sleep. Sigh. Of course, this screwed up my sleeping schedule and I was up far too late last night. Twenty minutes--good. Two and a half hours--not so good.

I transcribed all my notes from Saturday's workshop. Not on the workshop itself, but on my story arc. I think I mentioned that we had writing stints for five, ten, even fifteen minutes and that I focused on brainstorming rather than writing. It was good to get it all organized, but I was disappointed with how much was repetitive and how much wasn't as brilliant as I thought it was at the time. Still, it's more than I had before and there are possibilities here.

Oh, I almost forgot. Ethan's heroine finally shared her name! I got it during the fourth writing stint on Saturday. She's Hope. No last name yet, but that's not nearly as important as the first name.

In other news, I also think I'm getting the storyline for my Polynesian couple. Maybe. We'll have to see how that pans out when I have more time to think about it, but that started coming in Sunday, so I'm hopeful. It looks like it's going to be a paranormal romance. I don't have the conflict yet, but if this idea holds together, I have the premise. That would be cool. This couple has been bugging me for about a year and a half.