BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend Catch-Up

I had a totally great weekend over at Romance Divas doing that Science Fiction Romance workshop. So much fun that I got nothing else accomplished all weekend. It's a darn good thing I'm not on deadline, but I do have a project that I wanted to work on and I didn't touch it yesterday. I printed it out and will take it to the EDJ today to work on during lunch.

The guy building my retaining wall did come on Saturday--really late in the day--but he did get a lot accomplished and he came back yesterday. It's nearly finished now, just a few more stones to put in place, some cap stones and then it needs to be filled with dirt. This guy does such nice work and he's so reasonable--I love it! I'll take pictures when it's done, of course, and subject y'all to them. He said he wants to finish on Tuesday, but it's supposed to rain all day today, tonight, and into Tuesday, so I guess we'll see.

The other highlight coming up in my week is the guy coming to suck out my vents. Sigh. I should have been cleaning this weekend so the house looked good when they came, but see paragraph one about how much fun I was having online and you won't be surprised to learn that the only thing I got accomplished was replying to posts. :-) That gives me four evenings now to clean the entire house. It seems like so much time, but I guarantee I'll be procrastinating.

And the Rockies won again last night. One more game and they'll have swept the Diamondbacks--which is what I'm hoping for. Sorry Arizona fans, but the DBs must feel the pain they inflicted on the Cubs and that means sweep, sweep, sweep! Not that I'm vengeful or anything.