BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Friday, November 16, 2007

Search and Save

Last night I downloaded another program that's supposed to help keeping notes--including snips from websites. I say another program because I have like three--or is it four--that I've tried and don't use. All of these previous programs had been recommended by other writers so I figured they'd work for me, too. They didn't.

This one is free as well, although only because it was the giveaway of the day on Thursday. Normally it's a fifty dollar thing and I wouldn't spend that much to make notes. :-) I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I've got my fingers crossed that this one really will be the solution for me. Right now, I just save stuff to files for each book and sometimes it's hard to find what I'm looking for--especially since I have the picture/web page file and then the file for emails. It just seems as if there should be an easier way. The demo looked cool, so hopefully this is it. We'll see.

I reread a proposal last night that was sent to one of my editors yesterday and discovered a missing word. I didn't see it the other ten times I read it, but after it was off, then it leaps right out at me. Sigh. I guess that's just the way things go, huh?

In other news, one of the radio stations here has begun its all Christmas music 24 hours a day programming. Yea! I love Christmas music. Sometimes I listen to it on my MP3 player even when it's mid-summer. :-) What can I say? Besides there's nothing like Dean Martin crooning Baby It's Cold Outside to make a day divine.