BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, December 24, 2007

Holiday Blooms


Yes, that's fresh snow on my deck in the background. Sigh.



Two shots of my red holiday amaryllis. They are now gnat free--hurrah!--and while one side is still only buds, the other two sides are either blooming wildly or about to open their flowers. It's amazing how fast these things grow, but I'm absolutely loving having a splash of color in my house this winter. And to think, I was determined not to have indoor plants. I'm scared I'm going to end up with a jungle in the house now that I've decided I like it. :-)

In that vein, I have two poinsettias added to my holiday plants. I was too lazy to take a picture of them, sorry. One's a beautiful cream color and the other is a deep, vibrant red. I've been reading up on this flower and they should last until February. My plan was to keep them alive all year and force them to bloom again next holiday, but apparently it's very difficult to do. I must be a masochist because I think I'm going to try anyway.

I did watch a movie this weekend, Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle, but I'm not going to blog about it. I don't have much to say other than I liked it well enough, but not as much as the first one. The first movie was totally over the top, but in a fun way that I enjoyed. This second film was further over the top than the first one and it was just a little too far for me. I'd give it about 3 stars and I'd watch a third installment if it comes out, but I didn't love it.

I'm still on my second read through on the galleys, which means I won't have time to make a third pass. I'm really worried about how much I missed and I hope my mom and the proofreader my publisher has going through it spot everything I miss. I'm a perfectionist and it makes me crazy when I find mistakes.