BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

16 Random Facts

I was tagged to post 16 "bizarre, random facts, habits" or whatever. I'm also supposed to tag 12 other people to do the same, but I don't tag, so if you feel like doing this, post and let me know. :-)

  1. I used to dream about sharks every night when I was in grade school and junior high. I ended the dreams by going to the library and reading every book they had on sharks. On a tour of Sea World, I knew more about them than the guide did.

  2. I thought about becoming a marine biologist because I became fascinated by my research into sharks. I'd like to write a book about a heroine who studies them. Someday. :-)

  3. I have a very eclectic taste in music, but I can't tolerate polka, rap, or regurgitated disco.

  4. The best place in the world that I've ever visited is Australia.

  5. When I finished college, I had 240 credits. I only needed 180 to graduate and I had no second major or minor. I did, however, take classes in everything from theater to far Eastern art to astronomy to oceanography.

  6. Bananas totally gross me out and I can't stand the smell of them.

  7. I'm addicted to the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle.

  8. The totally best nature moment I've ever had was when a hummingbird hovered no more than two feet away from me while I was watering my flowers. It was the first time I'd ever seen one in person.

  9. The biggest class I had at the U of MN Minneapolis was 1500 students (Intro to Psychology). That was as big as my entire high school and nearly as big as the U of MN Morris where I spent my freshman year.

  10. My decorating style is modern/contemporary/Asian. I took a test on HGTV that said so, but I knew anyway.

  11. I love bright colors and don't understand why people are afraid of them. My house would need to have almost every room repainted if I ever wanted to sell it.

  12. I adore Shakespeare and my favorite play is "Much Ado About Nothing."

  13. I own over 300 pairs of shoes--I stopped counting--but I usually wear the same two or three pairs over and over.

  14. I love Monty Python and can watch "Holy Grail" over and over without getting tired of it. "Bring me a shrubbery! Nee!"

  15. Baseball. If they played it 365 days a year, I'd be ecstatic. If I get digital cable, it will be solely to get the MLB network so I can watch extra games. Go Cubs!

  16. I own over 5000 fictional books (we're not counting research books or my New Age books) and I've read more than 4000 of them. I used to be able to read a book a day and I'd go on vacations where I'd read three, four, even five books in a day.
There! Made it! I didn't think I was going to manage to come up with 16 facts. I don't know how bizarre any of them are, but they most certainly are random.