BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Amaryllis 2

My new amaryllis arrived yesterday--one day after the nursery notified me it was coming. Now that was quick! But it didn't come to me like the red holiday amaryllis came. That one was all planted for me and all I needed to do was water it. This one arrived in pieces. I have one pot, one bag of dirt, and 3 bulbs. Some assembly required.

The package also came with at least one gnat! Grrr. After dosing the other plant for more than a week after it's arrival brought those darn little bugs, the last thing I want is to go through this again. Especially when I'll have three other plants to dose now. One was bad enough.

So tomorrow when I should be writing, I'll be planting amaryllis bulbs and dosing all my plants with that gnat stuff. If I'd only known, I probably would have resisted ordering. Maybe.