BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, January 07, 2008

Back In the Saddle

The weekend ended up being really busy, but I did plan to get on here at least once to answer comments. I'm sorry I didn't, but by the time I was freed up to play online, I was so tired, I couldn't form a cohesive sentence let alone reply to comments. I finally caught up Sunday night. I hope. At least I don't think I missed anyone.

I stayed up late Friday night to finish cleaning before I had company come on Saturday and then overslept Saturday. Good thing they were coming at 1pm. :-) I ended up nitpicking at the rooms until the first guest arrived. Then, after everyone left, I straightened up the house again and did laundry. It ended up being another late night.

Sunday was writing. I just hate trying to get back into the groove when I haven't been regularly writing for a while. I know I'm not alone; one of my writing buddies has the same problem getting back into the swing of things, but it's a pain. Hours and hours spent with very little progress to show for it. Anyway, I learned Logan is really into classic muscle cars--he restores them--and he's just finished a Mustang. Or as he says a Bullitt Fastback. Yes, I had to research. Luckily for me, he's going to be much too busy too soon to worry about Mustangs or Cobras. :-)

Oh, yeah, while I was doing laundry, I watched National Treasure with Nicolas Cage. I thought it was okay, but very far-fetched. That doesn't always bother me, but it did in this movie. (Nicolas Cage steals the Declaration of Independence to prevent a former business associate from stealing it.) I won't be watching the sequel.

BTW, did anyone ever see The Pacifier with Vin Diesel? There was a preview for it on the DVD and it looked like it could either be really funny or really stupid and I was curious which it was. If it's funny, I'll add it to my queue.