BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Tropical Paradise

I'd ordered a calendar and some research books from BN.com on Dec 30th and they just arrived yesterday, which I thought was a really long time since I had the three day shipping option selected. But I digress. Anyway, this year's calendar theme is Tropical Paradise. I loved last year's Greek Isles calendar so 2008 has a lot to live up to.

It was another tough writing day yesterday. Not only was I my usual Monday tired, but I had to make a difficult transition in a scene. It was something that would have given me fits anyway, but on a Monday.... Especially a Monday where I was busy at the Evil Day Job and not mentally calm when I went to write on lunch, it was extra tough. BTW, I was so busy yesterday, that I was late leaving the EDJ and that almost never happens.

My last amaryllis flower bloomed Sunday. I hate to see the flowers wilt and dry up because I've loved having the red and green in the house. Okay, I loved it after I dosed the dirt enough to get rid of the gnats. But I'm not ready to be flowerless. Sigh. At least I'll still have my poinsettias. The red one doesn't look too great, but the white one is beautiful. When's spring coming?