BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Amaryllis By Morning

2008_0205image0025background

So here's my new amaryllis. I like the delicate pink and white color of the flower and these stalks are shorter than the red, which I also like. It's nice to have some color back in the house, especially since it's February. For a short month, February always seems eternal. ;-)

And I know this isn't the best picture in the world. I'll have to take more and try to get some better shots. The one thing that surprised me was how poor my camera does when I tried to get any kind of close up shot. It just totally blurred everything all up.

I'm still getting all kinds of gardening catalogs--in fact, the pace seems to have picked up. I wonder if they count on people up north being desperate for signs of summer and prey on our cabin fever? Hmm.