BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, February 18, 2008

Ode to Coffee

I feel as if I should write an Ode to Coffee this morning. :-) One of the things that always tips me off as to whether or not I'm sick is my desire--or lack thereof--for coffee. Yesterday, I didn't want any and this morning I felt the same way. So despite going to bed early last night, I've been doing the head bobs here at the day job. And not just the head bobs, but I felt fuzzy brained as well. I hate that feeling.

So I debated back and forth, have a cup of coffee, don't have a cup of coffee. I decided I'd give it a try, and if it tasted icky or made me feel worse, I'd just dump out the cup. Luckily, it did neither and I was only about halfway through when my brain started firing again. :-)

In another ten minutes or so, I should (maybe) feel normal again. On the one hand, it's sad to be so addicted to caffeine that I Can't function without it. On the other hand, it is so nice to have a nice, hot cup of coffee, and when I'm done, know that I'm going to feel so much more awake and alive.

I'm terrible at poetry, but let's see. Ode to Coffee. Coffee you make my brain feel good. Coffee you make me feel awake. Coffee you are proof that there is a divine power. Coffee I love you.

Um, well, maybe I'll just stick with fiction writing and leave the odes to others.