BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Report

My dad's surgery went well and he was groggy, but talking shortly after he was brought to his room. Tonight, he was hooked up to a gazillion things and everything was being monitored. Tomorrow, the nurse said, they'll have him on his feet and walking and the doctor anticipates him coming home some time this weekend.

As good as things look right now, I'll be holding my breath until he's farther on the road to recovery. Even so, I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. This was really worrying me. And when he's all okay, then the rest of the worry will ease.

We left a little after 7pm so that my dad could get some sleep. When I brought my mom home, she had a mallard duck under one of the front bushes.

I'll be back at the hospital tomorrow.