BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wild Kingdom

Well, it happened again. I don't know what it is about Sundays in my neighborhood, but the wildlife always comes out on this day--usually when I'm writing. It's getting to be almost routine to look up from the computer and see some kind of animal or bird around. Today, though, I think takes the award for weirdest sighting--a wild turkey. Yes, I kid you not, I had a wild turkey in my backyard.


Here he is, walking up the side of my yard.



He's walking from my yard into the one next door




In the middle of the yard next door




And now he's walking toward the house beyond the one next door


And here I thought the hawk sightings were cool. :-)

Other than this, it was a very quiet weekend. This hero and heroine are nocturnal again, preferring to work late at night than during the day. That makes me nuts because I like to sleep. :-/

My dad goes in for his surgery on Tuesday. I'll try to post on Wednesday, but no promises.