BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, June 01, 2008

I Think I Want a Nap

I think my head is going to explode. Seriously. I've spent the last 9 days writing from nearly the time I wake up in the morning until I go to bed. I kind of petered out today, though, after only about 5 pages. Horrible headache and I needed to write a fight scene. Those scenes should be high energy and it helps to feel energetic when I do one. Needless to say, that's on the agenda for tomorrow.

What else is stressing me out this week? Well, I'm blogging at 2B Read on Tuesday and Fresh Fiction on Wednesday. I need to send out a newsletter to announce the release of In Twilight's Shadow on Tuesday and I need to send half a bazillion emails, including review quotes to my agent and editor. I also owe my fabulous editor a thank you note because she sent me copies of Twilight's Shadow early!

No matter how many books I have out, I still get hugely excited to hold the finished story in my hands. I already checked and my point of view shift that I discovered in galleys did get fixed. Yea! I wish I had time to sit down and read the book--that's my ritual when a new one is released--I sit down and read it and revisit my characters. I'll have to save that for later.

Anyway, I'm feeling hugely stressed right now and I have to go back to the Evil Day Job tomorrow where I'll be running around like a mad woman trying to get caught up on everything that accumulated in my absence. Gah!