BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, August 11, 2008

Booksellers Best Award!

My weekend started out on a high note. I received an email Friday afternoon to let me know that In the Midnight Hour won the Booksellers Best Award in the Paranormal category!!!

Talk about an enormous thrill! I wish I could have been in San Francisco to accept in person because it's an hugely exciting moment to hear your name called. And this prompted me to update my website, although I still haven't hunted down the reviews for In Twilight's Shadow that I missed while I was on deadline.

I spent the rest of the weekend (aside from the really long nap I took on Saturday) struggling with the synopsis for my next book. I hit all I know about the story somewhere between pages 4 and 5 and floundered from there. :-) When I plot, I do chapter goals--coming up with the "big picture" is difficult for me.

I am proud of myself, though, for solving a huge plotting problem I had rear it's ugly head last week. It would have stolen any hint of suspense unless the heroine was Too Stupid To Live (TSTL) and I didn't want to do that. Somehow, though (and it might have happened during my nap), I worked out the issue and it opens both the hero and heroine up to risk. :-) Now if the rest of the plot would fall so nicely into place.

I also found a picture of my heroine for this book. I really like having images to work with and it's a major accomplishment to find just the right representation. Or it can be, depending on how long I've been scouring the Internet for the image I need. This one took a while to find so it was a relief to finally find her.