BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Looks Like I Picked the Wrong Day to Stop Drinking Coffee

Last night, I decided I needed to kick the coffee habit. I usually only drink one cup a day, but I desperately need that caffeine kick. This isn't the first time I've tried to quit, but I was on deadline when I made the other attempts and I quickly resumed the coffee, needing to meet my deadline.

Now, though, my next book is due March 1 and I don't have revisions yet on the last book, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity.

Um, yeah, while I'm still having insomnia issues. I had a grand total of 3 hours of sleep last night. Maybe.

I popped a vitamin B. That got me through my morning routine and to my car. It's not helping at the Evil Day Job (EDJ). I'm sitting here, fighting to keep my eyes open. I've done a lot of walking around the office, on the theory that humans don't sleep on their feet.

So far, I'm holding out, but if this is what it feels like to be without coffee, I don't know how I'm going to make it.

Last night, my internet connection went down which is why I'm blogging from the EDJ today. It's also why I didn't get a chance to answer comments yet. I'll do that as soon as I can.