BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Own Worst Enemy

I thought of a blog topic this morning that I thought was interesting and that people would enjoy reading. I've spent the last hour and a half trying to remember what the heck it was! Do I need to mention that y'all are getting potluck on the topic instead? I hope I remember it some day and can write whatever it was some other day. I'm afraid, though, that it might be gone for good.

So instead I'm going to talk about a TV show that I actually watched. I know, shocking since I rarely watch anything other than baseball. The truth is that I didn't see it the night it was on, I hadn't even heard about the show until after the fact when I saw so many Twitter comments about how good the show was. Hmm. I decided this might be a good test of watching television on the iPod. I know, I could watch for free on the computer, but I just can't do it. I blogged about that a week or two ago.

The show is called My Own Worst Enemy and stars Christian Slater as Henry...and as Edward. Edward is a top CIA spy who has had a dual personality developed--Henry. When Henry is in control, Edward is sleeping and vice versa. Only something is going wrong and the two men are becoming aware of each other.

I thought the first episode was good and the series has incredible potential. Christian Slater did a good job as Henry/Edward and his CIA boss, Mavis Heller (played wonderfully by Alfre Woodard) is trying to keep Henry/Edward from destroying her program.

Seriously, I enjoyed this show and I usually lost interest in TV and wander off or flip away and forget to flip back. Maybe it helped that I had it on my iPod, I don't know, but that really worked well for me, too. In fact, I'm debating watching the rest of the series this way rather than on the TV.

I'm looking forward to next week and hoping that the show lives up to its potential. I just need to figure out what day and time it's on. :-) I do know it's NBC, so I get points for that.