BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Random, Totally Random

I needed a blog topic for tonight and was getting desperate. I searched news headlines for articles I could maybe talk about about, but nothing grabbed me. Then I thought, well, maybe I'll head over to Google and search for someone who has suggestions about interesting blog topics. That was no help. My next idea was to use the "I feel Lucky" button on Google. For some reason, I thought it would take me to a random website, but unfortunately that isn't what it does. It takes you to the first website listed in your search results. Pfft. That wasn't what I was looking for.

Then I googled "random website" and lo and behold, there are sites out there that do just that--take one to a random website. The first one I found is called Random Website Dot Com and the other was Memory Cloud/Random Website Generator.

In my exploration for a topic, I was taken to a website with wallpapers--some cool ones, an animal rights group website, zombie nation, and project censored, the news that didn't make the news. Some of these were meh, and others were interesting and I've bookmarked them to explore later. But while I did find some cool stuff, I still had no blog topic. :-(

Then I was taken to the Inspirational Quotes website. Now this is something I can go with. I love inspirational quotes. So my quote of the day is:
If you have built castles in the air,
your work need not be lost;
that is where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them.

~Henry David Thoreau
Is that cool or what? To me, what he's saying is that the dreamer should do more than merely dream. He's saying that the dreamer should do the work necessary to make his/her dreams come true. I totally believe that. I can't imagine looking back and having regrets.

Now granted, some dreams are impossible, but I'm not talking about things like becoming an Olympic gymnast or something that would bankrupt a Rockefeller. I'm talking about pursuing reasonably achievable dreams. Like writing. Go for it!