BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

When Does the Super Fabulous Part Start?

I read my horoscope for December on Christmas--I know, I'm slow, but it isn't something I do every month, so it rarely occurs to me to check. My sign is supposed to have all the planets in alignment for a super fabulous month and the end of the month--from the 27th on--is supposed to be particularly wonderful.

Cool! I thought. And while the month wasn't what I'd call super fabulous, some nice things had happened and it was only going to get better. I couldn't wait. I'm still waiting.

Today wasn't a horrible day--not really. It was just a day filled with minor frustrations. Until this afternoon. First, it started snowing. Not a lot, just enough to really mess up traffic. The wind was icy and strong so I was freezing as I headed out to my car. Of course, I had to dig out the brush and clean off all my car windows and then I let the car warm up and plugged my iPod into the converter so I could play it on the stereo for my drive home. I knew it was going to be a long one and I wanted to listen to another lecture from the Berkeley earthquake class. The adapter wouldn't work. I fiddled with it even when I was on the freeway.

No, I didn't have a car accident, thank God, but I managed to cut my index finger on both sides--top and bottom--just above the knuckle. To say it hurt is an understatement. The pain was excruciating. It doesn't hurt as much right now--more sore than anything else--but typing isn't all that easy for me. Not good when I need to write. And blog. :-)

I've never been a huge believer in horoscopes--at least not the general kind that aren't personalized for each person--and after my experience this month, my opinion isn't changing. :-/ So I might continue to read them now and then for entertainment value, but if I hear again about the super fabulous week I'm supposed to have, I'm going to be extra careful!

To end on a better note, Digital Inspiration picked its Most Useful Web Applications of 2008. I haven't had a chance to check out any of the sites/apps yet, but I've got the entry bookmarked so that I can do that when I have more time (and can move my finger better).