BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Don't Wanna Stop!

It was a major writing weekend for me. My goal was to finish the first draft of my vampire short story by Sunday evening, but I didn't make it. I still need to write one more scene and a conclusion, but I did get a lot of work done. Eighteen pages in two days is a lot for me. I just wish I had one more day.

So I don't have a lot to blog about. I can tell you that oddly enough my vampire romance is being told in both third and first person points of view (POV). Yeah, I know. I hate first person POV, but my heroine is talking that way to me and it didn't work when I tried to force it into third. My hero is talking in third person and I never even tried to switch his POV to match the heroine's. I guess I'll see how my writing buddies react when I send it to them.

I found a picture of my hero quickly and he is hot. :-) Again, my heroine surprised me--she's a redhead. Do you know how hard it is to find pictures of redheaded women? I went to all the modeling agency sites I had bookmarked, but only a few of them had any models with the right color hair and none of them were my heroine. I then tried to do a Google image search for redhead. Don't ever do that. ::shudder::

I wrote without her picture, but last night--after my brain shut down for the day--I went looking some more. I found one that's close enough and we called it good. :-)

Today, the writing went exceptionally well and darn it, I didn't want to stop. I'd still be writing now except my brain shut down for the night. Again. I hate when that happens.