BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Smoke On the Water

I received a call Tuesday night. In Twilight's Shadow is a finalist for Best Paranormal in the Colorado Romance Writers Award of Excellence! Yea!

Today, I was watching the national news, something I do as the mood strikes rather than an regularity, and toward the end of the broadcast, I saw the most incredible clip. It's from an undersea volcano near Tonga. I would have been captured by the visual imagery anyway since it's quite a site to see, but I had an extra pull in to this because of it's location--it's in the South Pacific. Because of my Polynesian couple, I've developed an interest in anything going on in the Oceania area.

In case you missed it, here's a clip of the undersea volcano going off:


It's amazing how this works for me. When I was writing The Power of Two, I developed an interest in Vietnam because Cai was 1/4 Vietnamese. When I wrote Through a Crimson Veil it was Japan because Mika was half demon, half Japanese-American. With my Light Warrior series, I've become interested in Gaelic. Every book or series of books seems to bring something that I glom on to. Kind of cool, really, when you think about it. :-)