BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Bookstore

Or maybe not so funny.

If you're someone who picked up The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2, read my story (Blood Feud), and wondered what was going on with the scene breaks, I apologize. Profusely.

When I turned my story in, it had 3 scenes and that was it. Scene 1 in the heroine's Point of View (POV), scene 2 in the hero's POV, and scene 3 back in the heroine's head. When I did revisions on the story, there were only 3 scenes in the story and that was the last time I saw Blood Feud. Until yesterday.

Yesterday, I received a copy of The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2, flipped to my story and was aghast at all the scene breaks that had appeared where they weren't supposed to be. I can only guess that something happened at the printer when the stories were entered.

I'm hugely embarrassed by this and can only say again how sorry I am that you're seeing my work in this condition. Please know that I didn't do this, and if at all possible, please try to ignore the errant scene breaks. If I'd received the test print of my story, I would have caught this and fixed it, but I didn't and the proofreader must have believed it was supposed to be this way. It wasn't.

I hope this doesn't ruin your enjoyment of the story.