BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Right Brain Versus Left Brain

I've been sitting here, trying to think of a blog topic, but my mind keeps drifting. Today, it seems is a daydream day. All I want to do is think about one of my story ideas and watch scenes unfold.

It would be helpful if it was the book proposal I was writing, but of course, my imagination isn't that cooperative. No, it's one of my ideas in waiting--one I definitely plan to work on, but its time is not now. That doesn't matter, though. These two characters don't want to sit quietly in the background.

This is a story where the structure is going to be a bit different than usual, not quite linear, and if I were working out these issues, it would be cool. I'm not, but you know what? Seeing the hero and heroine together is more awesome. That's the daydreamer in me talking, the part of me that just loves watching couples interact with each other. The writer part of me, the part that's going to have to tackle the unusual structure, wants to assert it's left-brained, logical self and work out issues. :-)

Left-brained me is just going to have to wait. Right-brained me is having too much fun with these two.

Oh, before I can write this story (and it's third in line), I know the left brain is going to have to work out how to put everything together and make it work. It will need to figure out where and how we start, but that's for later. For now, I'm just going to drift along and enjoy the story.