BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hey, I'm Having Coffee!

I look at Saturdays as a day to sleep in. It's the day where I can dawdle through my morning coffee as much as I want without having to worry about being late. It's the day where I can lounge around in my pajamas and relax. Do others not view Saturday this way?

Because it seems like every Saturday morning someone comes knocking at my door. It might be a politician stumping for votes in the upcoming primary, it might be Jehovah's Witnesses, it might be someone selling something. It happened again yesterday. I was barely up for an hour and was still in my PJs and had just sat down with my second cup of coffee when there was a knock at my door. I took a look out the peephole, but I didn't know either person. I left them standing there and went back to my coffee.

If it had been later in the day, I would have been writing and I wouldn't have even bothered to get up and check who was out there at all.

I've gotten so tired of strangers coming to my door that I've browsed for a DO NOT DISTURB sign. I hadn't actually bought it, but I bookmarked one I liked the last time I had someone at my door that I didn't know. It was a politician that weekend.

Today was it. I'd had enough. I ordered the sign.


If you're a friend, ignore it and knock anyway. Solicitors, survey takers, salespeople, and other uninvited pests, take heed. I'm either enjoying my coffee or writing and your interruption isn't welcome.